This holiday season I learned:
– It’s not a good Christmas unless somebody cries – as opposed to childhood when it was a good Christmas if nobody did.
– My mother thinks I left my husband because I was bored.
– My brother is, as always, hysterical.
– There will inevitably be a leftover, non-tagged, wrapped present somewhere in my parents house, forgotten about. And someone will have to open it to determine what it is.
– “Just from Daddy” presents are not as good when Dad gets stumped for ideas.
– Some cookies will never taste the way they did when you were a kid.
– The Detroit airport is as bad as I remembered when it comes to connecting flights.
– Holiday expectations taunt many.